Saturday 18 June 2011

Kathinayoga

Hi!

Let me introduce myself. I am a kathinayogi!!! Well. Kathinayoga is a martial art which originated in Bharatha. For details please go to http://www.kathinayoga.com/ . I have created this blog to share my experiences- not just kathinayoga but lot more with like minded people. All are welcome to my blog and chip in with their comments.

It was in 1998- to be precise March 21 1998 I met my Kathinayoga Guru Sri K.R.Kumaran Asan.(See the above picture).  Till then my training in martial arts was centered around traditional Southern style Kalarippayattu and Silambam. Asan opened a new chapter in my life by introducing me to the wonder of Kathinayoga. FYI -  Asan = Guru/Teacher

4 comments:

  1. hi

    are you sure kathinayogi can beat a sumo wrestler

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sir,

    I have a deep interest in south Indian and Sri lankan war arts. I would like to get in touch with you. Please mail me back at premsagar.c@gmail.com

    Regards,
    Prem

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,
    I am interested in learning Kathina Yoga. Can you suggest a good teacher who is still teaching this Ancient Traditional martial Art please.

    Thank You.

    ReplyDelete